Candidates should have at least three years of higher education (BA, BSc or equivalent) with an emphasis on one or more of the following:
- Speech and language pathology
- Biomedical sciences
- Special education
In addition, candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Completed application form (ODT format, DOC format)
- Letter of motivation for applying to the EMCL+ programme
- Two letters of recommendation: written on the official letterhead of the respective institution, containing the signatures of your referees and reaching us in an envelope sealed and signed by your referee
- Copies of your academic curriculum (official transcripts) and a copy of your university degree certificate, plus authorised translations if these are not in English, Dutch, German or Finnish)
- Copy of your passport or official ID card
- Language test results or other proof of required English skills (see below)
Proof of necessary English skills
- TOEFL: minimum of 600 (paper), 250 (computer) or 100 points (internet)
- or IELTS of at least 7.0
- or CAE of at least level C1
Please note that student applicants should not send their application documents directly to the EMCL+ consortium or any of its partner universites but to uni-assist, an agency specialised in managing applications to universities.
Any technical questions about the application procedure itself will only be answered by uni-assist. The contact partners of the EMCL+ consortium, reachable via firstname.lastname@example.org will only answer questions related to the EMCL+/Erasmus Mundus programme itself.
Please also note that applying via uni-assist requires the payment of a non-refundable application fee. The general application fee amounts to €75. Please be aware that uni-assist will only start processing your application after having received the application fee!
If you apply only shortly before the deadline we strongly advise you to include a document that confirms that the payment has been carried out (e.g. an account statement, confirmation of bank transfer) or to include the credit card payment form availabe in the FAQ-section on the uni-assist website to speed up the processing of your application. Delayed payment of the application fee may have the consequence that your application will be considered late and thus discarded. Please read through the information on the uni-assist website carefully.
If you wish to apply to the EMCL Erasmus Mundus programme, please send the complete application package directly (i.e . c/o) to uni-assist at the following postal address (an online application is not possible):
European Masters in Clinical Linguistics+
c/o uni-assist e.V.
Please visit uni-assist’s website at www.uni-assist.de. (Note that there is a special FAQ section for further information on the general application procedure, payment and contact details etc. in several languages)
Both for programme costs and scholarships, a distinction is made between Programme Countries and
Partner Countries: Programme Countries include the 27 member states of the European Union as
well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, Croatia and the Former Yugoslav
Republic of Macedonia, whereas potential Partner Countries are basically the rest of the world.
(Note that if you have resided and carried out your main activities for more than a total of twelve months over the last five years in a Programme Country this is the category you belong to.)
The tuition fee for the entire study period (24 months) amounts to:
- 9,000 € for students from Programme Countries
- 18,000 € for students from Partner Countries
These fees cover: registration costs at each of the consortium partners, insurance, excursions, lab costs, and participation in the Science of Aphasia conference (including accommodation). All rights and obligations concerning an EM grant are regulated in a scholarship agreement.
Student scholarships covering tuition fees, travel and living expense are available.
There is no separate application form for scholarships.
Use of applicants' personal data
(To be added later.)
Publication of selection results
(To be added later.)
(To be added later.)